Nebraska Crossing Outlets – Gretna, NE
Nebraska Crossing Outlets with its signature water tower opened in 1993 as Nebraska’s first outlet mall. Over the next 20 years, it, like many outlet malls around the country, steadily declined exposing empty bays and relinquishing its parking lot to cars sales. The future looked brighter in 2007 when Century Development Co. and First Management Inc. purchased it and partnered with OTB Destination LLC in 2010 to redevelop the mall. The oval racetrack of buildings crisscrossed with open-air pedestrian avenues surrounded by 1,644 parking stalls fulfilled the owner’s intention to create a “shopping destination.”
Expectations were high, but deadlines were short. The rural/modern style and technology-savvy outlet mall of high-end brand retailers was constructed in 11 months, from demolition to a grand opening. The work:
- Demolish and remove existing buildings and pavements
- New entrance and roundabout
- 9 new buildings with 343,021 SF of Gross Leasable Area
- New parking lot with 1644 total parking stalls
- New utilities. The existing treatment plant and the existing water tower remain in service
- 2 new restaurants at the southeast end of the property
- Adjacent highway upgrades and new public streets
TD2’s familiarity with the client and the site allowed us to play the role of intermediator, facilitating communication between the city, the architect, and contractors. This fluid working style allowed rapid and responsive changes to overcome the many challenges on this very public and highly visible project.
TD2 continues to work on Nebraska Crossing as it expands, including the most recent addition of TJ MAXX/HomeGoods in 2019.
To learn more about the project, contact us.